Paul D. Mendoza has been developing software and web solutions for companies for the last 10 years in Southern California. During the last four years, Paul has become an expert in developing and architecting .NET solutions including the development of multiple online social networking applications, building the software File Phantom and enterprise media solutions.
Programming languages and technologies
- Best at C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET, HTML, AJAX, XML, Visual Studio IDE, SQL Server, Code Smith, LINQ
- Some experience with PHP, C++, Java
2009 | BS in Computer Science
2006 | AA degree in General Studies – Science and Mathematics
2006 | AA degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- California State University of San Marcos
Jan 2009 - Present | Detectent
- Participated in research and development of analysis methods for extracting power use information from hourly electrical data.
- Led development on a customer facing application by taking it from a prototype to production and eventually into maintenance mode.
- Performed in depth analysis of C# code performance in existing and new applications and found time large performance improvements. Was able to take an analysis process that took 30 hours and reduce it to 2 minutes.
May 2007 - Aug 2008 | IBS Interprit
- Participated in agile development with a team ten developers and QA people.
- Worked on a Windows service for transforming WCF messages into third party formats.
- Participated in test driven development by creating unit tests in nUnit for all programming activities.
Jan 2007 - Nov 2007 | ShareFlo.com
- Created a new financial blogging web application with a team of two designers, two programmers and multiple financial mathematicians.
- Used C#, ASP.NET, AJAX, and a PostgreSQL database. * Saved many hours of development time and increased code maintainability by creating a C# code generator to build the data access layer of the site based off the PostgreSQL database schema.
- Created customized ASP.NET membership features that integrated with PostgreSQL as well as using customized membership providers.
Summer 2006 | Sponsorhouse.com - Internship
- Created an ASP.NET social networking application similar to Myspace using C# in collaboration with a team of three other developers, two designers and a product management team.
- AJAX development using Microsoft’s ATLAS libraries throughout the site to perform asynchronous page updates.
- Developed and tested integrating features of the site with Google maps, Yahoo maps and MS Live Local maps.
- Server side development o Developed image manipulation code such as cropping and resizing of user images.
- Created the blogging features of the site such as comments, archiving and an RSS 2.0 feed for a blog that conformed to W3C specs and integrated the open-source FCKEditor for blog input.
Summer 2005 | Entriq - Internship
- Developed C# .NET Windows applications for managing Windows Media Player Encoder profiles and DRM files for encoding sessions.
- Programmed daily with XML web services to query information, register users, create DRM sessions and many other things that the Entriq API provides through webservices and other API providers. Designed and programmed the UI with Windows Forms.
- Developed ASP.NET tools for customer service agents to use for user administration.
- Worked with developers from other companies to help them understand and use the API sets and tools that Entriq had developed.
2006 - Present | File Phantom - Personal Project
- Independently developed a C# .NET Windows forms applications for file security using encryption.
- Developed a Windows Forms GUI for file management of secured files using threads.
2003 | Game-overdrive.com - Personal Project
- Designed and developed the site Game-Overdrive with a cofounder and ran the site for two years.
- Worked on promotions and marketing.
- Assisted in the management of a team of writers working remotely.